Today was the first lesson in podcasting with the middle schoolers. We worked on:
- Introductions of everyone
- What podcasts and YouTube channels all of students enjoy
- Why they enjoy those podcasts and channels
- Agreed on a name for the podcast (Holy Trinity Squad Talk)
- Agreed on the format and structure for the show
- Agreed on topics for the different segments
For next week the students were assigned to come up with what they would want to talk about for each segment. I will have a basic website setup for the students to work on designing for their show.
This was a a really fun experience for the first time ever leading a group of students. I look forward to working together with the kids.