So it is official! Stating tomorrow I will be going to Holy Trinity Regional School to teach middle schoolers in an after school computer club how to start podcasting. Every Tuesday from 2:30 to 4PM I will be working with the students and a teacher to help them produce their very own podcast for their school!
The plan is to use the computers they already have, combined with microphones that I own to create a podcast documenting people and events at their school. Teaching the students how to:
- Use their imaginations to create ideas for a podcast
- Structure a podcast
- Work together in a team
- Encourage students to build one another up
- Entertain an audience
- Build an audience
- Recognize the importance of the little details
- Produce quality audio
- Efficiently edit audio
- Inspire others
- Build a website in WordPress
- Post their podcast to the internet
- Submit their podcast to companies like Apple and Stitcher for consumption
Eventually, I would like to branch the students out to doing video podcasts (on a YouTube channel) as well.
I am so honored to be able to be able to work with students teaching them how to do something that I have fallen in love with in the past year.
What is a podcast?
A digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player, typically available as a series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.