Hey I’m Super Joe Pardo and this is how we episode 4!
Michael wrote to me to ask about the camera that I use for shooting video. The Canon Vixia R600. It has been replaced by the R600, and while nearly identical it can be had on Amazon for around $199. I love it for a few reasons.
- You can use external mics to input sound to it. Most cameras in this price range do not allow for that.
- It has excellent zoom capabilities.
- It shoots in the dark pretty well for the price.
- Extra high capacity batteries with a charger can be had pretty cheaply.
- It’s small and light, but can shoot 1080p 60 frames per second.
The one downside is it doesn’t have a hot shoe on the top for a mic or light, but for 7 to 20$ you can get a grip that adds 2 hot shoes and makes it easier to hold for long periods of time. I’ll cover my grips in another episode.
I want to know what you think! Leave your thoughts in the comments, also please like and share this video if you feel it was helpful.